Your next position and own leadership style
My contribution as a coach/sounding board
This is all about:
- Raising awareness of your own qualities, talents and values.
- Learning to be receptive to signals from within and outside the organisation: from colleagues, employees, clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Being more decisive and unifying: after having listened to stakeholders, making clear why certain decisions will be taken.
- Effective leadership styles are situational
Depending on the question, tests can be used to clarify matters.
My clients’ questions
- Developing my own leadership style: what kind of leadership style do I prefer and does it suit the company’s current situation?
- Performing, also as a non-executive director: what’s it all about?
- Working together as a member of the executive board, in relation to the supervisory board and senior line management.
- Surviving the political game.
- The new position: what will my next step be?
- Sounding board: I need an independent sounding board, someone who’ll listen and ask the relevant questions.
- And so often: the work.life balance
My own experience
I’d have given my right arm for a coach at critical moments in my professional life!
Summary of Jestor and Treasurer, Ten Leaders on Executive Coaching
During the twelfe years that I am an executive coach, I have developed an important network with other coaches and professionals, active in the field of personal development.